1. New winter farmers' market. The first-ever Newton Winter Farmers' Market starts today! The market will be held at the Hyde Community Center in Newton Highlands from 1:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2. Volleyball state semifinals. The Newton North girls' volleyball team, who recently won the Central/East Div. 1 title, will face North Div. 1 champion Andover today in a state Div. 1 semifinal match. The game will take place at Lawrence High School, 70-71 North Parish Road, Lawrence. The game starts at 7 p.m.
3. "Meet the Managers" session. The Massachusetts Bay Commuter Railroad Company (MBCR) will host an open forum today with its managers to allow riders to give feedback on the rail service. Today's "Meet the Managers" session will take place at Back Bay Station from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
4. Economic Development Commission. The Economic Development Commission will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in room 209 at City Hall. The evening will start with a joint meeting with the Long-Range Planning Committee followed by a regular meeting of the EDC. Tonight's EDC meeting includes discussion on items about inclusionary zoning and hotels as well as a potential fee for certain single-use grocery bags. Tonight's full agenda is available in the .pdf section to the right.
5. Don't forget! . Under this ban, no car is allowed to park on the street overnight (considered to be more than one hour between 2 a.m. - 6 a.m.) between Nov. 15 - April 15.