1. Yoga that benefits more than the mind & body. The new Heartbreak Hill Running Co. on Commonwealth Avenue will host a community yoga class today from 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. There is a $5 suggested donation for the class and 100 percent of the donations will benefit the Red Cross of Eastern Massachusetts. Reserve a mat online.
2. Winter farmers' market. The new winter farmers' market will be open today at the Hyde Community Center from 1:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
3. Technology fair. The Carroll Center for the Blind will host a technology fair today featuring the latest products for individuals who are visually impaired. The fair is free and open to the public and will run from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Registration is not required to attend the Tech Fair but pre-registered attendees will receive event updates and special offers from our vendors.
4. New NOS exhibit at NewTV. The newest Newton Open Studios art exhibit will open today at NewTV. The juried exhibit features 10 of the artists from the "Best of Newton Juried Art Fest." NewTV Gallery hours: Mon.-Thurs., 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Fri.-Sat., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sun. noon to 6 p.m.
5. Board of License Commissioners. The Newton Board of License Commissioners will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in room 209 at City Hall. Tonight's meeting will include a number of license applications, including a request from Max & Leo's to expand seating and a permit for the new 2ovens restaurant on Needham Street. The agenda for tonight's meeting is included in the .pdf section to the right.