1. It's Small Business Saturday. If you plan to do some holiday shopping today, try and support a local small businesses. Here is a list with a handy tool that can show you what Newton stores/restaurants are participating in Small Business Saturday.
2. Author event. Susan Kushner Resnick, author of "You Saved Me, Too: What a Holocaust Survivor Taught Me about Living, Dying, Fighting, Loving, and Swearing in Yiddish", will hold a discussion and book signing today at the New England Mobile Book Fair. The event begins at 2 p.m.
3. Sign up for the Patch newsletter! Want to stay updated with all the news going on in Newton? Sign up for our email newsletters! You can sign up for our daily newsletter, which delivers headlines to your inbox every morning, as well as a weekly newsletter. You can also sign up for breaking news alerts and receive email notifications about important stories, fires, traffic reports and more.
4. RAD course. The Newton Police Department is offering a Rape Aggression Defense course for Newton females age 15 and older. The free course will start Dec. 2 and runs for three Sundays in December. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Traveling this weekend? Make sure you read these travel tips from MassDOT before heading out.