1. Blood drive. Beaver Country Day School in Chestnut Hill is hosting a Red Cross blood drive today from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Bradley Hall. No appointment is necessary and the blood drive is open to the public.
2. Christmas market. The Church of the Redeemer in Chestnut Hill is hosting a Christmas market today from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. The market will feature more than 30 boutique vendors offering clothing, chocolates, gifts, wreaths, Christmas trees (with delivery), jewelry, blankets, toys and more. Admission is $2 and the market will also open on Saturday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
3. Free playtime at the Freedman Center. Need something to do with the little one today? The Freedman Center at MSPP offers free playtime on Friday afternoons from 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. for children up to age four (and their caregivers). Space is limited and admittance is on a first come, first serve basis.
4. Win $100,000 for the Newton Public Schools! That's right, $100K for NPS. How can you enter to win? Simply decorate your house and enter Patch's "Deck the House" contest. If you're one of the finalists, we'll also reward you with a credit toward your December electric bill!
5. Annual Christmas concert. The Boston College University Chorale and Symphony Orchestra will perform their annual Christmas concert tonight in Trinity Chapel on the Newton campus. The concert begins at 8 p.m. and tickets are $10, $5 with a BC ID.