1. School Committee. The Newton School Committee will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in the Education Center. According to the agenda listed on the district's website, the meeting will include a discussion of the programming at the new Angier Elementary School as well as an update on recruitment and diversity. The committee's full agenda is included in the .pdf section to the right.
2. Tournament play. The top-ranked Newton North girls' varsity volleyball team will face No. 9 Needham in a MIAA Central-East Div. 1 quarterfinal match at Newton North. The game is set to start at 4 p.m.
3. Board of Aldermen. The Newton Board of Aldermen will meet tonight at 7:45 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chamber at Newton City Hall. The board will consider a number of items, including special permits related to a proposed retail structure on Needham Street as well as items related to the design of the Carr School (Newton Cultural Center). The board's full agenda is included in the .pdf section to the right.
4. Interested in making chain maille jewelry? Register today! The teen section at the Newton Free Library will host a chain maille jewelry-making program today at 4 p.m. and it's open to kids grades 6-12. But, there is a limited number of supplies and tools available. If you are interested, email Liz the teen librarian at email@example.com or call the Newton Free Library at 617-796-1360. The craft program is free. If you can't make it to this event, be sure to ask about future teen craft events at the library.
5. Last chance to enter our Halloween costume contest! Upload a photo of your Halloween costume and you could win a $250 prize for best costume in the state. If it's the best costume country-wide, Patch will award you $5,000! The contest ends tonight at 11:59 p.m.