1. Mayor's CIP presentation. Mayor Setti Warren will present his latest Capital Improvement Plan tonight during the Board of Aldermen meeting. The meeting will be held at 7:45 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chamber at Newton City Hall.
2. Local restaurant meet & greet. A special restaurant advisory group that has formed out of the Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce will meet for its first monthly meeting this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. The meeting, which will be held at Charles River Landing (300 2nd Ave., Needham), will be an opportunity for local restaurant owners to talk and connect about all things related to the restaurant business -- finances, events, legislation and more. RSVP to Seana at email@example.com or Karen Cherson firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Find the perfect pumpkin. The United Parish of Auburndale's Sixth Annual Pumpkin Patch is now open. Stop by to find the perfect pumpkin from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday- Friday, or 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
4. Hometown rivalry. The Newton North and Newton South field hockey teams will face off today in a match at Newton North. The game starts at 4 p.m.
5. Crazed, wild turkeys. Have you seen them on Homer Street? One of our readers has a saga to share!
Want your event to be included in our daily "5 Things"? Add it to our events calendar!