1. Riverside Station project public hearing. The Land Use Committee will hold a public hearing tonight for the proposed mixed-use project at the Riverside Station site on Grove Street. The public hearing, which will cover a special permit for the proposed construction, will start at 7 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chamber at City Hall.
2. Mayor Welcomes "Junior League" to Newton. Mayor Setti Warren will participate in a ribbon cutting this morning to celebrate a partnership between the city and the Junior League of Boston, an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. The League will be transforming Newton's historic Potter Estate as part of the Show House event. The ribbon cutting will take place at the Newton Jackson-Walnut Park Schools at 9:30 a.m.
3. Farmers' market. The Newton Farmers' Market will set up today at Cold Spring Park from 1:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
4. Have you registered to vote? Tomorrow is the deadline to register to vote in the 2012 presidential election. Visit the Newton Election Commission website for more information on how to register.
5. Sign up for the Patch newsletter! Want to stay updated with all the news going on in Newton? Sign up for our email newsletters! You can sign up for our daily newsletter, which delivers headlines to your inbox every morning, as well as a weekly newsletter. You can also sign up for breaking news alerts and receive email notifications about important stories, fires, traffic reports and more.