1. Arts and business partnership. The Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce and the Newton Cultural Alliance (NCA) recently announced a partnership and the NCA is throwing a party tonight to celebrate. The event will be held at Gregorian Oriental Rugs in Lower Falls from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
2. School-based flu clinics. Are you still waiting to get a flu shot this season? The city started up its school-based flu clinics yesterday, which will be held periodically now through Nov. 9. Check out this calendar to find out when to attend a flu clinic near you. And don't forget to read details about the clinics and what you need to bring.
3. Angier Elementary design interviews. The Massachusetts School Building Authority and Designer Selection Panel will interview today the two finalists vying for the design contract for the new Angier Elementary school. The interviews, which start at 8:30 a.m., are open to the public and will be located at the offices of the Massachusetts School Building Authority, 40 Broad St., Suite 500, Boston MA 02109.
4. Jews on the Eve of World War II. Professor Antony Polonsky will lead a discussion tonight on the history of the Jewish population in Poland and the knowledge and traditions that were lost in the years during and after World War II. The free event begins at 7 p.m. in the Druker Auditorium at the Newton Free Library.
5. Land Use. The Land Use Committee will meet tonight at 7 p.m. the Aldermanic Chamber at City Hall. A list of the public hearings for tonight can be found in the .pdf agenda above.