1. From A to Z and Back Again! If you're on Beacon Street near the Waban area today -- look out for students! In honor of International Walk to School Day and Newton's Walk/Bike Week, the students from both Zervas and Angier Elementary Schools are walking to Lincoln Park, which is about the half way mark between Zervas and Angier, to promote walking and living a healthy lifestyle. Students from both schools will leave around 9 a.m. and join up at the park where there will be healthy snacks provided.
2. Produce, ice cream and maple syrup, oh my! Today is the LAST DAY for the Friday Newton Farmers' Market at American Legion Post 440. Stop by between noon - 5 p.m.
3. Looking for signatures. The Newton League of Women Voters is collecting signatures to allow Newton to elect a charter commission. Find out more about the charter commission and what you can do to help.
4. Go Tigers! The Newton North girls' varsity soccer team will face Dedham High School in a home match today. The game starts at 3:45 p.m.
5. Sign up for the Patch newsletter! Want to stay updated with all the news going on in Newton? Sign up for our email newsletters! You can sign up for our daily newsletter, which delivers headlines to your inbox every morning, as well as a weekly newsletter. You can also sign up for breaking news alerts and receive email notifications about important stories, fires, traffic reports and more.