1. Newton Walk/Bike Week. Today is the first day of the first ever Newton Walk/Bike Week. The week's festivities will kick off with a ride from City Hall to Downtown Boston this morning. Those who are interested in the ride can meet at City Hall at 6:45 a.m. In addition to the ride, those who walk, bike or take public transportation to work today have a chance to earn discounts at local stores.
2. Free Coffee Friday! Tomorrow is National Coffee Day and to celebrate, you can get free coffee and discounts on coffee at a number of locations TODAY. 7-11 is offering free 20-ounce coffees to customers from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and McDonald's is offering a free small coffee to customers as well (today and tomorrow). In addition, Dunkin' Donuts is offering their 1-pound coffee bag for sale at just $5.99 Friday and Saturday and Starbucks is having a buy-one-get-one on boxes of K-cups.
3. Farmers' market. The Newton Farmers' Market will set up today at Post 440 from noon - 5 p.m.
4. Go Lions! The Newton South girls' varsity volleyball team will face Lincoln-Sudbury in a home match tonight at 4 p.m.
5. Have you 'liked' us on Facebook? Want to stay posted on all the news going on in Newton? Want to join the conversation with your Newton neighbors? Make sure you "like" Newton Patch on Facebook.