The following information was provided by an announcement made on the MBTA website:
Sunday, Dec. 25, 2011 – Christmas Day
• Commuter Rail trains will operate on a regular Sunday schedule except the Mount Wachusett Ski Trains to and from Fitchburg, which will not operate. Framingham/Worcester Sunday schedule.
• Inner Harbor Ferry service from Charlestown and Long Wharf will not operate.
• THE RIDE Service will operate on a modified holiday schedule.
Monday, Dec. 26, 2011 – Christmas observed
• Commuter rail trains will operate on a Saturday schedule.
Framingham/Worcester Saturday schedule.
• Inner Harbor Ferry service from Charlestown and Long Wharf will operate on a regular Weekend Schedule.
• Quincy ferries will operate on a Weekend Schedule.
• THE RIDE Service will not offer subscription service. Customers should contact their contractors for service information.
For additional information on MBTA services, routes, schedules, and fares, please call the MBTA Customer Communications Department at (617) 222-3200 or 1-800-392-6100 (hearing impaired TDD 617-222-5146).