It's school vacation week in Newton, and that means a week of keeping your school-aged children entertained.
There's plenty of snow for sledding and snowman-making, however you might want to get out and explore science, history, art or more with your children. Or maybe you just want an indoor space to play?
Here are a few ideas for things to do and places to visit this vacation week, within an hour of Newton:
- Jackson Homestead & Museum in Newton
- Puppet Showplace Theatre in Brookline
- Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline
- Gore Place in Waltham
- The Old Manse in Concord
- Peabody-Essex Museum in Salem
- Minute Man National Historical Park in Lexington
- Two indoor play spaces for kids in Woburn
- The Discovery Museums in Acton
- The Museum of Science in Boston
And don't forget, there are plenty of other vacation week activities you can check out at the Newton Free Library, West Suburban YMCA, JCC and Newton Parks & Recreation.
Tell us in the comments where you venture out during school vacation week.