Ezra Home Care's favorite January recipe: Roasted Root Jumble with Feta Cheese!
We love sharing healthy and delicious recipes. "Dietary choices are critical to delay the onset of aging and age-related diseases, and the sooner you start, the greater the benefit," says Susan Moores, RD, a spokesman for the American Dietetic Association."Enjoy the Roasted Root Jumble with Feta Cheese!
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large fennel bulb, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 large lemon, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Minced fresh cilantro or parsley, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, whisk together the ground cumin, ground coriander, and olive oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and a generous grinding of black pepper.
Lay the fennel, red onions, lemons, and carrots in a baking dish. Pour the spiced oil over the vegetables and toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle feta cheeseover the top and bake until the vegetables are caramelized and soft, another 15 minutes.
Total Time: 1 hr 0 minPrep: 15 minCook: 45 minYield: 4 to 6 servings