1. 5% day for Newton Tree Conservancy. Five percent of sales at the today will benefit the Newton Tree Conservancy! The Conservancy's mission is to preserve Newton's existing trees and plant new trees for all to enjoy in the City of Newton.
2. Have you voted? This week's Readers' Choice Poll -- have you voted yet? has the lead so far and is in second place, but your vote could make all the difference. Also, don't forget to leave a review for your favorite florist in our Patch Directory, as it counts towards the final total.
3. Facing Cancer Together. Today is the last day to RSVP for at Newton City Hall. The event will offer support, education, and information on wellness programs to help individuals with cancer and their loved ones. For more information, visit http://facing-cancer.org.
4. Go Lions! The girls' varsity tennis team will face Wayland High School in a home match today at 4 p.m.
5. Fitness expo day. The will hold a fitness expo day today and will open up a bunch of their fitness programs for seniors to try out. The expo will run 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will feature drop-in classes for aerobics, tai chi, yoga, line dancing and more. For the full schedule, check out the Senior Center newsletter.