1. Zoning and Planning Committee. The Board of Aldermen's Zoning and Planning Committee will meet tonight at 7:45 p.m. in room 202 at . One of the agenda items tonight is a discussion of a proposal to restrict new banks from moving in to ground-level storefronts in Newton business districts.
2. Happy 17th! Congratulations to the New England Soup Factory, which is celebrating its 17th anniversary today. Back in August 1995, . Three years later, in 1998, owner Marjorie Druker opened the .
3. A Rally for Aly. Friends and fans of U.S. Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman may want to show up in Burlington this morning. at Brestyan’s American Gymnastics Club, 13 Ray Ave., Burlington. Raisman is scheduled to show up between 11 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. If you can't be there in person, check Newton Patch for live-blogging coverage, video and photos.
4. West Newton bell tower concert. , the will hold tonight at 7 p.m. Residents are welcome to bring a blanket and sit out on the church lawn to hear local 'chimers' play.
5. Babe Ruth finals. Newton's Babe Ruth baseball league will hold the fourth final game of the season tonight at Albemarle Field (250 Albemarle Road). The game is set to start at 7:30 p.m. Note: The city's league schedule originally listed the time for 8:15 p.m., however, the game will start at 7:30 p.m.