1. Historic Newton Walks. Historic Newton will host a free walk through Auburndale this afternoon to explore how the railroad, land speculators, and local institutions transformed Auburndale from an agricultural community to a commuter suburb. Those who are interested can meet at at 2 p.m.
2. Dog training & etiquette class. The city of Newton will host today at McGrath Park (Washington Street) at 10 a.m.
3. Rally for Aly! . The celebration kicks off at 2 p.m. at Needham Town Hall (1471 Highland Ave.) and will include a parade up Highland Avenue to Memorial Park. Stay tuned to Patch for coverage!
4. Library closed. Remember, the is closed on Sundays during the summer.
5. Blog on Patch. Did you know Newton Patch has a blog section for local residents, business owners and community leaders? Local Voices is a section of our site where the editor steps aside and the community says what it wants. Interested in sharing your thoughts and opinions with a Patch blog? Do you already have a blog that needs a new set of readers? Submit a Local Voices Patch blog here.