1. Road closures. Charlesbank Road (coming off of Nonantum Road) westbound will be closed today from 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. due to National Grid construction. This closure will be a regular occurence, Monday-Friday until June 16. The road will also be closed on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. until June 16. There will be detours and cars will be directed through Watertown Square.
2. Tournament play. Several Newton sports teams will continue tournament play today, including the Newton North girls lacrosse team, who will face Notre Dame in a quarterfinal match at Notre Dame at 4 p.m. Meanwhile, both the Newton North boys and Newton South boys volleyball teams will head into semifinal matches tonight at 7 p.m. North will face Needham at and South will face North Quincy in North Quincy.
3. Art reception. The will hold a reception tonight for the opening of a new exhibit titled The Creative Process: The Andrew & Jean Dibner Annual Student & Faculty Show, which features work from artists of all ages who participate in the New Art Center programs. The free reception will be held at the New Art Center at 5 p.m.
4. Last day for seniors! Today is the last day for Newton North and Newton South seniors! Congrats to the Class of 2012. North's graduation will be held next Wednesday, June 6 and South's will be on Thursday, June 7.
5. Call for artists. Newton Community Education is looking for artists to participate in this year's Celebrate Newton crafts fair, which will be held on Dec. 2, 2012 at . Applications for the juried show are free and available online.