1. No School. The Newton Public Schools are closed today for the Rosh Hashanah holiday. School will be back in session tomorrow.
2. Rosh Hashanah - Day One. Looking for Rosh Hashanah services in Newton? View our local list and check out some Rosh Hashanah recipes.
3. Blood pressure clinic. The Newton Free Library hosts blood pressure clinics every Monday starting at 9 a.m.
4. Brick program. As it moves forward with the construction of a memorial, the Newton 9-11 Memorial Committee has an ongoing successful engraved brick program. They have a limited number of bricks still available for engraving. To purchase a 1-3 line engraved brick for the walkway to the memorial, call Sande Young at 617-527-1726 or email Ssyspts33@aol.com and she will send you an Engraved Brick form with directions. Visit the committee's website for more information or to download a form.
5. Aly Raisman documentary. A new 30-minute documentary, "Aly Raisman: Bringing Home Gold," will debut tonight at 7 p.m. The documentary will air on Comcast Sports New England, channel 52 for Newton Comcast subscribers (channel 852 in high-definition).