1. Free museum admission. According to a press release issued last week, Bank of America and Merrill Lynch cardholders in the area can receive free admission to a number of Boston museums today including the American Textile History Museum, the Harvard Museum of Natural History, the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (Mass MoCA) and the Museum of Fine Arts. Photo ID and a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card must be presented at the time of visit. There is also free admission for Newton residents today at the from noon - 5 p.m.
2. New Phil auditions ongoing. The New Philharmonia Orchestra is holding auditions (by appointment) Aug. 18-Sept. 5 at the . Auditions are available for all strings, bassoon, horn, trombone and percussion (excluding timpani). To schedule an audition, send a resume to email@example.com.
3. Library closed. The will be closed today and tomorrow for the Labor Day weekend.
4. Get swimming! will be closing for the season tomorrow, so make sure you get some swimming time in before it's too late. The pool will be open today from 1 p.m. - dusk.
5. Blog on Patch. Did you know Newton Patch has a blog section for local residents, business owners and community leaders? Local Voices is a section of our site where the editor steps aside and the community says what it wants. Interested in sharing your thoughts and opinions with a Patch blog? Do you already have a blog that needs a new set of readers? Submit a Local Voices Patch blog here.