1. Upper Falls Heritage Day. The Newton Upper Falls Area Council will host its Upper Falls Heritage Day today at Emerson Playground. The event will include a number of local vendors and organizations as well as food and fun activities for the whole family. Make sure you stop by the Patch table and tent! We'll have lots of free stuff to give away and a chance to chat with local residents. The event will run from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. The event will be moved inside to the Emerson Community Center if it rains.
2. Newton Community Farm fall festival. The Newton Community Farm will hold its annual fall festival today from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. The event will include a number of activities and entertainment for all ages, including farm tours, pumpkin decorating, face painting, cooking demos and live music.
3. Newton Touch-a-Truck. The Fourth Annual Newton Touch-a-Truck event will run from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. today at Newton South High School. Kids will have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a big rig, see the inside of an ambulance, sit in a police cruiser and much more. More than 30 trucks are expected, and Food Trucks will be on hand for purchasing lunch.
4. Lucero Memorial 5K Run/Walk. The Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (MSPP) will host the 11th Annual Lucero Memorial 5K Run/Walk at Newton City Hall today starting at 10:30 a.m. Opening remarks and refreshments will be held prior to the race start, at 10 a.m., in the War Memorial auditorium at City Hall. This year’s event includes a fundraising raffle with prizes like a Keurig coffee maker, iPods and more.
5. 'Here Comes the Bride' event. The Mall at Chestnut Hill will host its Fifth Annual 'Here Comes the Bride' event today from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. The event will include, cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, goody bags and a fashion presentation featuring wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses.