1. Jimmy Fund Walk. The Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund walk will pass through Newton today. There are not any major road closures, but there will be .
2. Free Concert. The will host Bert Seager's trio, Kombucha, today in the Druker Auditorium. The free concert will start at 2 p.m.
3. New Art Center open house. The will open its doors this afternoon for . There will be tours of the studios, art activities for families and kids as well as information on programs and upcoming exhibitions. The open house will run from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
4. Friends of the Library book sale. The Friends of the Library will hold its September book sale today at the from noon - 3 p.m. There is a wide variety of books for readers of all ages.
5. Historic Newton walk. Historic Newton intern Tom McGinley will lead a tour of West Newton and West Newton Hill this afternoon to explore the abolitionist history of the area. Those who are interested should meet at Captain Ryan Park, at the corner of Washington Street and Cherry Street, at 2 p.m.