.

Fire on Woodward Street Doused Before Doing Heavy Damage

The fire started in the chimney and damaged the mantle inside the home.

 

Newton Firefighters put out the flames of a chimney fire before it spread to other parts of the home at 139 Woodward St. Sunday morning.

The blaze began in the fire place, where residents had started a fire, said Deputy Fire Chief James Thorne.

The residents were home and called 911 just before noon, allowing firefighters to knock down the fire quickly.

"It extended into the mantle," Thorne said. "It was starting to get into the walls. We caught it just in time."

No one was injured in the fire.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something