.

Legal Seafood, The Cottage Evacuated

One person was treated for possible poisoning.

File photo.
File photo.
The Newton Legal Seafood and The Cottage restaurants were evacuated Tuesday morning after a carbon monoxide leak.

High levels of the toxic gas were detected after a problem with an oven in Legal Seafood, according to the Newton Fire Department. Crews descended on the restaurant at about 9:30 a.m.

One person was treated for possible poisoning and released with no issues, the fire department said.

Crews cleared the scene at about 11 a.m. The restaurants were set to reopen for lunch.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »