.

Newton Home Invasion Suspect Held Without Bail

The armed home invasion occurred on Falmouth Street Friday, Sept. 21.

A Newton man was held without bail last week in a case involving an alleged armed home invasion on Falmouth Road. 

James Bryant, 26, was held following a dangerousness hearing in Newton District Court last Wednesday, Sept. 26, according to Middlesex County District Attorney Spokesperson Stephanie Guyotte.

Bryant pleaded not guilty on Sept. 24 to charges of breaking and entering in the daytime, putting a person in fear, assault and battery (two counts) and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (two counts).

Bryant is due back in court on Oct. 16 for a pretrial conferece, Guyotte said.

According to Newton Police, officers responded to the Falmouth Road home around 2:30 p.m. on Sept. 21 after a resident reported an armed home invasion involving two masked men with a 12-inch knife. 

One victim, a male, heard a noise at the back of the house and when he went to investigate, he spotted the suspects coming into the home. 

There was a brief struggle between the victim and a suspect, police said, before the victim was able to flee to a neighbor's house. A second victim was then told to run to his room and stay there.

No one was injured in the incident, police said.

After responding to the scene, . 

According to scanner reports, that suspect was found on Fuller Street in Waltham, about 400-500 yards away from the Falmouth Road home. 

A second suspect in the home invasion was described as a tall, skinny black male with a black shirt and baggy pants. Newton Police are still investigating the incident.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something