The Newton Police Department is investigating a string of motor vehicle break-ins that occurred overnight in the West Newton area.
Officers responded to more than a dozen reports of car break-ins today, all of which appeared to have happened sometime overnight. A list of the locations includes:
- Fordham Road - (Two Reports)
--Owner parked his Jeep Wrangler in the driveway around 7 p.m. Thursday and left the car unlocked.
--Another resident also had her unlocked car broken into on this road overnight.
- North Gate Park - (Two reports)
--One owner parked his Mercedes in his driveway around 1 a.m. Friday morning. Around 7 a.m., he noticed someone entered through an unlocked door.
--Another owner parked her Subaru Outback in her driveway around 1 a.m. and at 7 a.m., she found someone had entered the car through an unlocked door.
- Harding Street - (Three Reports) Three separate residents left vehicles unlocked overnight in their driveways.
- Fairway Drive - (Two reports)
--One owner parked his Jeep Wrangler in the driveway around 9:15 p.m. Thursday and left the car unlocked.
--Another owner parked his Yaris in his driveway around 11 p.m. Thursday and left the car unlocked.
- Taft Avenue - (Three reports)
--One owner parked her Subaru Outback in her driveway around 9 p.m. Thursday and left it unlocked.
--Owner left an unlocked Lexus sedan unlocked in the driveway overnight.
--Someone entered an unlocked car that was parked in the driveway overnight.
- Farwell Street - Someone used a crowbar to enter a black Honda that was parked in a lot off Farwell Street overnight.
- Hazelhurst Avenue - Someone entered a Chevy K1500 truck that was left unlocked and parked on the street overnight.
- Waltham Street - Someone entered an unlocked car that was parked in a driveway overnight.
Residents are reminded to lock vehicles and remove all valuables from the car.
Anyone having information on the breaks is urged to contact the Newton Police at 617-796-2100, or use the anonymous TIPS Line at 617-796-2121.