Retired Firefighter Dies in Weston Blaze

Ross Giamo, 65, was killed early Friday after an electrical problem sparked a fire, authorities said.

Ross Giamo. Credit: Wellesley police
Ross Giamo. Credit: Wellesley police
Ross Giamo, a retired volunteer firefighter in Weston, died early Friday after an electrical problem sparked a blaze at his home, authorities said.

WHDH/7News said he lived alone in a garage apartment on Wellesley Road. The fire broke out just after midnight.  

Giamo's body was found near a door. He was 65 years old.

WBZ-TV's Steven Bognar reported an official said the fire was caused by a faulty extension cord.
Dr. Peter Hill May 02, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Ross was a great neighbor. I can't believe I did not smell nor hear anything. Went to bed at 11 and I hear fire started around midnight. So sad. Just spoke to him two days ago. Always chipper and always helpful. He helped me a few years ago with my driveway for nothing. He was a great guy and a great neighbor. Truly a sad loss.
James V. Aulenti May 05, 2014 at 07:30 PM
Dr Hill please accept my condolences on the passing of your friend.
Isabella Jancourtz May 02, 2014 at 07:44 PM
This is terrible news. Our sincere condolences to Ross's family and friends. Isabella and Sam


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »