The Obama for New Hampshire “Around the Clock for Barack” tour and phone banking initiative got underway a little past 5 p.m. in Concord on Oct. 18, with local politicians and Democratic activists calling voters around the state and promoting the president’s re-election campaign.
The campaign and its surrogates including Newton Mayor Setti Warren, former Delaware Gov. Jack Markell, former U.S. Rep. Paul Hodes, other politicians from Massachusetts like former Treasurer Shannon O'Brien and Auditor Suzanne Bump, as well as musician Chris Walla from Death Cab for Cutie, will be touring the state in a camper during the next 24-hours, telling voters, specifically middle-class voters, why the president deserves re-election.
Hodes said he was looking forward to the jaunt and possibly playing some Woody Guthrie tunes with Walla.
“Yeah I brought my guitar,” he said. “I figured this was the rock around the clock for Barack tour.”
Full campaign schedule
- 6:30 p.m. Keene Phone Bank with U.S. Rep. Paul Hodes, Manchester Alderman Garth Corriveau, former Mass. Treasurer Shannon O'Brien, and Chris Walla of Death Cab for Cutie. Keene OFA-NH Office, 294 West St., Unit 3, Keene
- 8 p.m. Claremont Phone Bank. Claremont OFA-NH Office, 149 Pleasant St. in Claremont
- 9 p.m. Lebanon Grassroots Event. OFA-NH Lebanon Office, 85 Mechanic St. in Lebanon
- 10 p.m. Study Break at Dartmouth College with others including Newton, Mass., Mayor Setti Warren. Baker Berry Library, 6025 Baker Berry Library in Hanover.
- Midnight. Study Break at Plymouth State University. Plymouth State University, 17 High St. in Plymouth.
- 2:30 a.m. Drop-in at the Airport Diner with Delaware Gov. Jack Markell and others. Airport Diner, 2280 Brown Ave. in Manchester
- 4:15 a.m. Greet Bakery Delivery Drivers. Interstate Brands Corp., 39 Old Dover Road in Rochester.
- 5:45 a.m. Greet workers at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard Shift Change with state Rep. and House Democratic Leader Terie Norelli and others. Entrance to Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery, Maine.
- 7:45 a.m. UPS Teamsters Meet and Greet. 3 Whipple St. in Nashua
- 8:45 a.m. Greet Drivers at First School Bus Depository with Mass. Auditor Suzanne Bump and others. 153 Burke St. in Nashua.
- 11 a.m. Press Conference, Laconia Office Drop-by. OFA-NH Office, 571 Main St. in Laconia.
- 12:30 p.m. Wolfeboro Lawn Sign Drop-off. 259 South Main St. in Wolfeboro.
- 2 p.m. Conway Phone Bank. OFA-NH Conway Office, 6 Main St., Unit A, in Conway.
- 3:30 p.m. Berlin Phone Bank. OFA-NH Berlin Office, 217 Main St. in Berlin.
- 6:15 p.m. Manchester Phone Bank Celebration. OFA-NH Manchester Office, 228 Maple St. in Manchester.