by Jon Gargis
We know there are some folks out there looking to serve Newton in the form of elected office. If you’re one of those running for office, we invite you to blog on Newton Patch.
- Announce their candidacy
- Promote their upcoming appearances and fundraisers
- Present their platform, or discuss the issues facing their community
- Call out to volunteers
We invite any and all municipal candidates, as well as those seeking higher offices in the future, to blog on Newton Patch.
If you’ve never blogged with us before, here’s how to start your very own Patch blog:
- Log in to your free account at Newton Patch (or use your Facebook account).
- Start a blog by clicking: http://newton.patch.com/blogs/new
- Name your blog series. This is not just the name of your blog post, but instead tells readers what your entire blog will be about so choose something descriptive that will be appropriate on all your posts. Example: City Council Candidate John Doe's Blog.
- Customize the blog following the prompts and click “Create Your Blog.” Your blog is created!
- Now, write your first post.
If you blogged on Patch before June 2013 or created a blog on Patch after June 2013, you can post on Patch without creating a new blog. Here’s how:
- In the top right corner, click the button that says “Hi, Your Name!” (You must be signed in to see this.)
- When the drop-down menu opens, click “Your Profile.”
- On your profile is a list of blogs you have access to. Choose the one to which you want to post and click on it.
- Below the name and description of your blog, there’s a white box that says “Write a new post…” Click there.
- Above your cursor, there are two words: Note and Article. Choose article for more formatting options.
- Write! Don’t forget to add a photo
- Hit “Post Now.”
- You’re live on the site!
Need to know more about blogging? Email Community Editor Brooklyn Lowery at email@example.com.
Jessie Gable and Brooklyn Lowery contributed to this article.