Newton Mayor Setti Warren officially launched the city’s new "13 Villages, One Community" campaign Tuesday evening outside the in Newtonville.
The campaign looks to engage citizens and business owners with city employees and resources to help "bring the city of Newton to its fullest potential."
Warren spoke alongside a number of Newton city employees, new Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce President Greg Reibman and Phantom Gourmet's Dave Andelman.
The new campaign highlights both old and new engagement efforts including:
- Newton Community Engagement Group
- Citywide beautification efforts
- Increasing communication with small businesses
- Streamlining the business permit process
- Promoting the creation of neighborhood watch groups
- Increasing online resources such as and the mayor's newsletter
- Promoting and strengthening youth services, senior services
- Promoting a wide variety of culture and arts
- Newton Volunteer Corps
- Newton restaurant week
For more information on this campaign, visit the "13 Villages, One Community" website.