Written by Danielle Masterson
It’s not too early to start thinking about the upcoming preliminary election on Sept. 17 - and of course the general election on Nov. 5 - in Newton.
If you’re running for office, we want to hear from you. All candidate announcements and opinion pieces, including Letters to the Editor and endorsements, must be uploaded by users.
So, how do you upload your statements? Here’s a quick how-to guide. And don't forget, you can also post to Newton Patch directly from the Patch App, which can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store.
2) Start a Blog by clicking on the green button: http://newton.patch.com/blogs/new
3) Name your blog series. (For example: Your Name for School Committee 2013.) Customize the blog following the on-screen prompts and click “Create Your Blog.” Then you may start your first post.
4) Enter your headline, article text and add your photos or videos.
Writing Tips: Don't use all caps - Studies show that readers don't click on posts that are written in all capital letters. Do capitalize the first letter of each word in the headline only.
5) Click "Post Now" at the end of the form. Your article is automatically approved and immediately posted on the site.
6) Tell all your friends to check out your post on Newton Patch!
Our election content will be featured often as we get ready to hit the polls in October and November.
Have questions? Let us know! Send a note over to Community Editor Brooklyn Lowery, firstname.lastname@example.org.