Want to leave your mark on and win $100?
The Newton North Student Faculty Administration is currently holding a contest for the design of the Newton North student union.
The space, which is located between the cafe and the career center, will ideally be a location for students to lounge, socialize and show school sprit, the SFA says.
Designs are due to the Library Learning Commons by Wednesday, Feb. 1 and must adhere to the following criteria:
- Submissions shall consist of up to five 11x17 displays in either print or digital format.
- Text description must include: name of the space (it does not have to be "student union"), your concept and materials within a reasonable budget considering an existing $3,000 for the student union, and any fundraising that may follow (design should be feasible with approximately $3,000).
- A project details page that must be attached and includes the names and rolls of all team members. This will be used to give proper credit to design team members.
- All other documents (displays & digital files) must be submitted without any markings that will identify team members in order to facilitate fair judging of the competition.
- In submitting an entry to the competition, all participants agree to comply with the rules and terms of entry.
The contest is open to Newton North students, faculty parents and staff. The SFA will choose a winning design and the winner will receive a $100 gift card sponsored by the SFA, PTO and Whinstons Culinary Group.
Note: The contest is now closed.