Junior Lucian Cascino took home top prize last weekend as he handily defeated three opponents in the 285 pound division of the Dual County League wrestling tournament.
Cascino first took down Mina Michael of Weston, who lost by fall after a minute-long match. Then, in the semifinal round, Cascino faced Ikjot Sing of Lincoln-Sudbury and defeated Sing (by fall) in 1:41.
In the championship round, Cascino took just 47 seconds to defeat Wayland's John Monahan.
The tournament, which took place at Wayland High School, included nine teams from the league. South placed sixth overall, with 85 points.
Some other Newton South highlights from last weekend's tournament:
- Sam Caggiano made it to the semifinals for the 126 pound division after defeating John Grumbach of Wayland.
- Will Kramer received second place in the 132 pound division after beating wrestlers from Concord-Carlisle and Boston Latin.
- Aaron Davidoff defeated Boston Latin's Matt Yu in the quarterfinal round to make it to fourth place in the 138 pound division.
- Mike Berman made it to the semifinal round for the 145 pound division after defeating Alex Bloom of Lincoln-Sudbury.
- Roy Milstein made it to the 152 pound division semifinals after defeating Trevor Yates of Westford Academy.
- Alex Kane reached the 160 pound division semifinals after defeating Sam Atkins of Weston.
- Pat Fabrizio finished fourth in the 195 Pound Division.