1. Come celebrate the harvest and enjoy time on the Newton Community Farm! There will be live music, farm tours, children's activities including pumpkin decorating, baked goods, delicious food, and more. Produce will also be available at the farmstand. We hope to see you on the farm! Go to www.newtoncommunityfarm.org for more information about the farm.
2. Boston Rock Gym is offering its One Day Escape (Part II). Climbers will meet at the scenic Hammond Pond at 9 a.m. Saturday. The group will learn all of the basics of outdoor rock climbing including tying knots, appropriate climbing gear, proper climbing and rappelling techniques before they head out on the rocks and begin to climb. See details here.
3. A variety of gently-used items specifically for people with all levels of visual impairment – such as magnifiers, lamps, watches, reading machines, kitchen items - will be on sale at the Carroll Center Yard Sale Saturday at 10 a.m. Find out more by clicking here.
4. For the Love of Girls’ Women’s Doubleswill be held Saturday from 9 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. Female tennis players are encouraged to register and partners can be provided from the pool of registrants, if needed. Proceeds will support teenaged girls in Ghana. Find out more here.
5. Historic Newton is participating in Museum Day, an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine, in which museums across the country open for free to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. The event will be held at the the Jackson Homestead and Museum, 527 Washington St. in Newton, on Saturday, Sept. 28, noon to 5 p.m. Also, at the Durant Kenrick House and Grounds, 286 Waverley Ave. in Newton, on Saturday, Sept. 28, 1:45 p.m. to 5 p.m. For more information or to print a ticket, visit: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday.