1. It's Swap Dayat Rumford Ave. Recycling Depot, 145 Rumford Ave. in Auburndale. The Recycling Committee's Trade & Recycle Day is free and open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Bring/Take good household items, bicycles, books,CD/DVDs, clothing, useable building materials and more. Find out more here.
2. Dr. William Meehan, III, a national expert on sports injury prevention and director of The Micheli Center for Sports Injury Prevention in Waltham, will discuss sports injuries and concussion prevention at a free talk at the Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center in Newton on Sunday at 9 a.m. Get more info here.
3. See a home built with renewable materials in Newton that is being featured as part of the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association’s 14th annual Green Building Open House on Saturday at 10 a.m. The home is at 523 Crafts St., Newton. See more here.
4. The Peirce School Pumpkin Patch and Harvest will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. There will be plenty of food and baked goods, as well as games and prizes for the whole family and live music by Rishava Green of the band, The Lights Out. More details here.
5. The Jackson Homestead is hosting a free family-friendly outdoor festival on Saturday. Try weaving wool into cloth, making your own butter, pressing cider, dipping candles, and more. Find out more here.