Opened in 1981 by artist and framer, John Kasbohm, Atelier 564 is an art gallery and framing shop. The frames pay the bills, but it's the art that Kasbohm loves. A simultaneously bold and retiring personality, Kasbohm engages clients in a gently authoritative manner, inspiring confidence and trust with only a glance and a few words. Admittedly an artist not a businessman, Kasbohm is doing what many businessmen have not been able to do: hang on. John, himself, is worth a visit, the frames are a feature and the art is a loss leader! Warning, call ahead, he keeps approximate hours -- about noon to eight, Monday through Saturday.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, noon - 8 (approx.)
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1981
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Artwork, matting, framing
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Repair, Shipping
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Any dos or don'ts when it comes to framing?: Don't bleed on the artwork! Seriously.