Bais Yaakov of Boston High School (Closed)
Located in Newton Centre, Bais Yaakov is a small, all-girls high school that focuses not only on education but also on study of the Orthodox Jewish religion. Courses include the traditional core classes of social studies, English, math and science as well as the Hebrew language, music, computer science and Jewish history. It shares a building with the Congregation Beth El-Atereth Israel, an Orthodox Jewish synagogue.
Bais Yaakov High School is one mile from the Newton Centre MBTA stop (green line, D branch). The #52 MBTA bus also stops nearby at the intersection of Centre Street and Ward Street.
- Fax: 617-965-0345
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am-4pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp available at building's side entrance
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of students: 40
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Jewish Orthodox
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 10 to 1
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria
- Extracurricular activities available: Drama, school newspaper