After twenty years in the wholesale cookie business, Richard and Karen Blacker opened Blacker's Bake Shop in 2008. The bakery is centrally located in a quaint neighborhood and customers feel welcome from the moment they step in, captivated by the scent of freshly baked bread and pastry. The Blacker family genuinely aims to please their customers. To accommodate community needs, they offer kosher, nut-free and dairy-free products. Where else are you going to find nine different styles of challah? Stop by to "taste memories with a modern twist!"
- Hours: Tue - Thu, 7:30am - 5pm; Fri, 7am - 4pm; Sun, 9am - 12pm; Mon, Sat, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level
- Founding Date: Jan 01 2008
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Kosher, non-dairy and nut-free products; challah, cookies, cakes, cupcakes, pie, brownies, croissants, muffins, scones and many other kinds of delectable pastries
- Food & dining options: Halal, Kosher, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: blackersbakeshop.com/menu.html
- Specialties: Blacker's offers nine styles of challah. A few of the newest additions include cinnamon and sesame challah hamburger buns. Special additional offerings for Rosh Hashanah
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "The people make this community great. They have accepted us and are grateful for our efforts."
- Top 10 menu items, or signature dishes: Cinnamon bread, bobrah, rugelach, delicious non-dairy cheesecake and of course, challah!