Bowen Elementary School
Located in the village of Newton Centre, Bowen Elementary is one of the larger public elementary schools in Newton. As shown through the peace pole in front of the building, Bowen takes pride in the unity of different cultures at its school. The large mural that wraps around the back of the school also represents the diverse community at Bowen Elementary.
As one of 15 public elementary schools in Newton, Bowen follows much of the same curriculum as the other public elementary schools in town. It also has a large playground, basketball courts, picnic tables and soccer fields located behind the school. The school is lead by Principal Diana Guzzi.
Bowen Elementary School is a half-mile walk from the Newton Center MBTA stop (green line, D branch). The #52 MBTA bus also stops nearby at the intersection of Parker Street and Cypress Street.
- Fax: 617-552-7363
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap parking spots available in front of building and in back faculty lot. Handicap ramp available at front two entrances and back entrances are street-level.
- Number of students: 455
- Male-to-female ratio: 236:219
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 16.7 to 1
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 27.3
- Grade levels: K-5
- Features: Cafeteria, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: Students are able to choose an instrument in fourth grade and can participate in school band activities.