Bread & Chocolate
This location is the Newton Highlands branch of Bread and Chocolate, a two-store bakery (the other is in Newtonville) creating beautiful, delicious baked goods and specialty foods to satisfy even the most discerning palate. Owner Eunice Feller specializes in pastries, cupcakes, lunch items and specialty cakes. Aspiring pastry student Lydia DiPerno ably mans the counter; she says that the "super friendly" customers allow her to engage easily with them. Bread & Chocolate is accessible via the Newton Highlands T-stop on the Green Line.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 8am - 5pm; Sun, 9am - 3pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: July 2010
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: European pastries, cookies, muffins, croissants, cupcakes, special occasion cakes, sandwiches, soups, salads, quiches, pastas
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out, Web orders
- Menu link: www.breadnchocolate.com/menu.html
- Specialties: Wedding and special occasion cakes, cupcakes and lunch items
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "The people."
- Top 10 menu items, or signature dishes: Ginger-molasses cookies, peanut butter cupcakes, wedding cakes, baked donut muffins