Horace Mann Elementary School
Located in the village of Newtonville, Horace Mann Elementary school is one of the mid-sized elementary schools in the City. Officials at Horace Mann boast of the rich, diverse and inclusive atmosphere of the school. Horace Mann also takes pride in its physical education program, which teaches students about fitness, teamwork, effort and sportsmanship; the physical education program is adaptive and inclusive, following the theme and ideas focused on in the school. This school is also the location for the city's Fourth of July festivities. It is a half-mile walk from the Newtonville MBTA Commuter Rail station (purple line, Framingham/Worcester line). The #59 and #556 MBTA buses also stop nearby at the intersection of Walnut and Watertown Streets.
- Fax: 617-559-2004
- Hours: Mon, Wed - Fri, 8:20am - 3pm; Tue, 8:20am - 12:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking us available on Albemarle Road. A handicapped entrance and automatic door are located on Albemarle Road.
- Number of students: 372
- Male-to-female ratio: 180:192
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 24
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Library