Marcia & Bea Antiques
When you visit this charming store, make sure to chat with delightful owner Marcia Kohl, who named the shop after herself and her mother, who inspired her to open it. Filled with gorgeous antique furniture, beautiful glassware and vintage linens and textiles, this is a wonderful location to find a gift or a focal piece for your living space. Kohl states that she attracts a surprisingly young clientèle who are themselves, more often than not, the offspring of customers. The shop is accessible via the Newton Highlands T-stop on the Green Line.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, Fri - Sat, 10:00am - 5:00pm; Thu, 10:00am - 6:00pm; Sun, noon - 5:00pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Up ramp from street level
- Founding Date: 1974
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: furniture, jewelry, glassware, clothing, textiles, linens
- Services: Gift certificates, Shipping
- Return policy: All sales are final
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: The diversity and variety of people in the community
- What is one question to ask before buying an antique or collectible?: Make sure that what you are buying is an authentic piece, as opposed to a reproduction. Get a description of your piece in writing.
- Antiques specialties: 19th/20th century American furniture; Heisen glass; fine jewelry; ironstone decorative accessories; vintage costume jewelry; Gouda pottery; vintage textiles, linens and clothing; antique brass frames; European pottery; sterling flatware; china
- Multi-dealer store: Yes
- Number of dealers: 5