Mount Ida College
Built on a liberal arts foundation, Mount Ida College is a private, professional institution situated on a 72-acre campus in Newton Centre. Five schools make up Mount Ida, including schools in animal science, business, design, arts & sciences and the New England Institute, which specializes in education in funeral service. The college also offers graduate programs in management as well as programs with a focus on interior design.
Mount Ida is accessible by the #52 MBTA bus, which stops nearby at the intersection of Dedham Street and Brookline Street.
- Fax: 617-928-4507
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap parking spaces available in various spots throughout campus. Several buildings include wheelchair access.
- Founding Date: 1899
- Number of students: 1,500
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: New England Association of Schools and Colleges,
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13 to 1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 182
- Degrees: Graduate, Undergraduate
- Programs: Distance learning, Part-time
- Campus housing: Yes
- Sports conference: NCAA Division III
- Sports facilities: Athletic center includes gymnasium, locker rooms, training room, weight room, classroom and an outdoor athletic stadium
- Sports teams: Men's basketball, football, lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, cross country; women's basketball, cross country, equestrian, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, volleyball; co-ed cheerleading