Newton North High School
With its new location on Walnut Street, Newton North High School is the district's newest school, boasting 413,000 square feet of high-end classroom technology. Located in Newtonville, Newton North is slightly larger than its counterpart in Newton Center, Newton South High School.
Like Newton South, Newton North offers a wide-range of AP courses to effectively prepare Newton students for higher education. A vocational program is also housed at Newton North, with an automotive shop, restaurant and printing studio. The school also offers a groundbreaking green engineering program.
Newton North's new sports facilities include a swimming pool, competition gymnasium, work out area, wrestling room/dance studio, simulated outdoor area (SOA) gym and Dickinson Stadium, a large football stadium with artificial turf.
Newton North High School is a half-mile walk from the Newtonville MBTA station (purple line, Framingham/Worcester line). The #59 MBTA bus also stops nearby at the intersection of Walnut Street and Clyde Street.
- Fax: 617-559-6249
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Front entrance street-level, handicap parking available
- Founding Date: 2010
- Number of students: 1770
- Male-to-female ratio: 906 to 864
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 161.1
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Biology, chemistry, physics, American history, American studies, calculus, latin, chinese, psychology, comparative govt., English, European history, French, Spanish, statistics
- Extracurricular activities available: Roughly 80 student clubs and activities available including: model U.N., peer mentors, mock trial, gay/straight alliance, archery, step squad, science team, math team and school faculty administration board
- Student clubs: Some student clubs include: environmental club, chess club, Jewish culture club, improv club, hiking club, ski club, philosophy club, programming club, international club and table tennis
- Sports teams: Football, swimming, cross country, volleyball, field hockey, golf, cheerleading, basketball, wrestling, gymnastics, indoor track, ice hockey, dance, skiing, baseball, lacrosse, tennis, outdoor track, softball