Solomon Schechter Day School of Boston - Upper School
For the last 50 years, Solomon Schechter Day School of Boston has offered education alongside Jewish tradition and teachings. Students from more than 30 cities and towns in greater Boston come to the school to study traditional core subjects alongside Judaic studies and Hebrew language courses. In the upper school, students at the middle school level become part of an advisory group, also called a havurah, which assists the students in building and developing various social skills.
Many of the students at Solomon Schechter Upper School come from the Solomon Schechter Lower School, located nearby at 60 Stein Circle.
The Solomon Schechter Upper School is accessible by the #52 MBTA bus, which stops about a mile away on Winchester Street.
- Fax: 617-964-8693
- Hours: Grades 4 - 5, Mon - Fri, 8am - 3pm. Grades 6 - 8, Mon - Thu, 8am - 4pm; Fri, 8am - 3pm. Nov - Feb dismissal time is 2pm on Fri.
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is at street level; handicapped parking is available.
- Founding Date: 1961
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of students: 243
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Jewish
- Accreditation/licenses: Association of Independent Schools of New England, Solomon Schechter Day School Association, United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1 to 8
- Number of faculty: 68
- Grade levels: 4-8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Film, pottery, theatre production, keyboarding, chess, sewing, international cooking, dance
- Sports teams: Both competitive and non-competitive sports available; basketball, karate, tennis, soccer, lacrosse, flag football, fitness, swimming, baseball/softball, hockey, rollerblading