Since its inception in the 1950s, Temple Shalom has developed into a large and diverse congregation of families practicing Reform Judaism. Lead by Rabbi Eric Gurvis, Temple Shalom offers a variety of ways to worship including separate services that are geared towards children, adults and music lovers. Religious school is available, with programs 0ffered for children as young as a year and 9 months and as old as 12th-graders.
Temple Shalom is about a half-mile walk from the West Newton MBTA Commuter Rail Stop (purple line, Framingham/Worcester line) and about a one-mile walk from the Woodland MBTA stop (green line, D branch).
- Fax: 617-332-9837
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9 am - 5 pm; Fri, 9 am - 3 pm. Shabbat Eve Service are on the second, fourth and fifth Fridays of the month at 8pm. Family Shabbat services are held the first Friday of the month at 6:30pm (Oct. - May). Kabbalat Shabbat services are held th
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking spots available in lot; ramp at sanctuary/social hall entrance, main entrance street level
- Founding Date: 1950
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Jewish - Reform
- Congregation size: 850
- Services: Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes