The Fessenden School
The Fessenden School is an all boys boarding school for boys in kindergarten through ninth grade. A pre-kindergarten program will begin in the fall of 2012. Although there are dormitories for the students, it is a day school for boys in kindergarten through fourth grade; students have the option of boarding once they reach fifth grade. The school is well known for its academics, athletics and art programs and believes in improving diverse strengths and developing the full potential in each boy. Fessenden focuses on teaching, celebrating and nurturing growing boys while striving to develop balance in mind, heart and body.
The following are all located on campus: academic buildings, a dining hall, dormitories, an ice hockey rink, a library, a performing arts center, outdoor pools, athletic center, sports fields, tennis courts and a wood shop. To learn more about the school visit its website or call the number provided.
- Hours: Admissions visits are scheduled by appointment. Kindly call or email the admissions office at 617-630-2300 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment or receive additional information about The Fessenden School.
- Founding Date: Jan. 1, 1903
- Number of students: 475
- Male-to-female ratio: all-boys K-Gr. 9 day school with boarding options in Gr. 5-9 (pre-k program opening, fall 2012)
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: (no religious affiliation)
- Accreditation/licenses: AISNE (Association of Independent Schools in New England), NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools), JBSA (Junior Boarding School Association)
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Fessenden Facts: http://www.fessenden.org/fessyfacts
- Number of faculty: 65
- What makes this community special?: BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN BOYS At Fessenden, "the best" means discovering the diverse strengths and developing the full potential in each boy.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN BOYS, Kindergarten - Grade 9 (Pre-K program, fall 2012)