Underwood Elementary School
Located in the village of Newton Corner, Underwood Elementary School recognizes, values and celebrates its students individual differences. Lead by Principal Dr. David Castelline, staff at Underwood believe each student should learn the meaning of freedom, responsibility as well as respect for others.
Underwood is situated next to a large park with an extensive recreation area, complete with basketball courts, a baseball field, playground, as well as areas to walk and sit in the shade.
Underwood Elementary is a two-minute walk from the number 52 MBTA bus, which stops at the intersection of Centre and Church streets.
- Fax: 617-552-5552
- Hours: Mon, Wed - Fri, 8:20am - 3pm; Tue, 8:20am - 12:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap entrance located in back of building
- Number of students: 263
- Male-to-female ratio: 128:135
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14.9:1
- Parking: On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 17.7
- Grade levels: Kindergarten through fifth grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: Starting in fourth grade, students can choose an instrument and participate in a school band program.