If you ask any mother in Newton Highlands where she buys clothes and shoes for her well-dressed offspring, chances are she will mention Village Kids. Specializing in European imports and designer clothing, this friendly store is owned by Sarah and Michael Haiminis and is staffed by some of the most delightful young people you will ever meet. Tailoring is done by Effie at Town Cleaners next door, keeping it all in the neighborhood. When you're looking for your son's bar mitzvah suit or your daughter's Sweet Sixteen gown, Village Kids is definitely the place to go. The shop is accessible via the Newton Highlands T-stop on the Green Line.
- Fax: 617-332-8548
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 5:30pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level.
- Founding Date: 1985
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Children's clothing, from infant to junior sizes.
- Services: Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Shipping
- Return policy: Five days with receipt; no returns on special-occasion garments.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "The friendliness of the people."
- What's a fashion tip that never goes out of style?: "Children's clothing should be fun and functional."
- Clothing and accessories brands: Shoes: Nina; Stuart Weitzman; Steve Madden; UGG. Clothing: Deisel; Une Deux Trois; Ya; Flowers by Zoe; Tractor; Sugar Lips; Butter; Eliane et Lana; Desigual; Catamini; Free People.
- Original design / hand-made?: No
- Part of a chain: No
- Number of changing rooms: 4
- Tailoring: Yes