Located in a 19th-century carriage house, the Walnut Park Montessori School is a private Montessori school for children ages 2.9-6 years. It is accredited as an authentic Montessori school by the American Montessori Society (AMS). The freedom of structure in the classroom allows children to learn and develop in a way that is appropriate to their individual skills and needs.
Led by, Nancy Fish, the Walnut Park Montessori School is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston and is affiliated with the Jackson School, a private elementary school located nearby that is also sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph.
Walnut Park is a short walk to the #553, #554, #555, #556 and #558 MBTA buses, which stop at the intersection of Washington Street and Jewett Street.
- Fax: 617-969-6408
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 2:30pm; younger children leave at 11:30am; after-school program available until 5:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founding Date: 1966
- Number of students: 113
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: accredited as an authentic Montessori by the American Montessori Society (AMS).
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 8:1 mornings, 6:1 afternoons
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 22
- Montessori: Yes
- Age range: 2.9 - 6 years
- Uniforms: No
- Special education: No